Premium rated insulated units
Enjoy the view – enjoy the savings!
Did you know that up to 75% of all your windows and doors are composed of glass. In some cases, particularly with modern architectural designs, it can be even higher. You should consider the glass available for your home or workplace has, and realise what it can do for you.
Even though you may have double glazed units, there has been major advances in glass technology over the past 15 years and First Glass can bring these improvements to you with the launch of our premium insulated unit range.
Our insulated units have the following properties:
- High insulation qualities by using a glass with silver based low emissivity coating. This coating not only reflects heat back in to your home but has excellent optical clarity, giving you the best of both worlds.
- Warm edge technology which increases the performance of the double glazed unit right out to the frame itself while it can alleviate condensation problems.
- Argon Gas filled as standard, which improves thermal insulation.
- Excellent light transmission which allows the suns natural light and energy flow into your home.
- Have the optional capabilities of privacy, acoustic and solar control with the use of obscure, body tinted and acoustic laminated glass on the outer leaf.
- Manufactured to the recognised European quality standards (EN1279).
‘Having a product with all these properties, will assist you to reduce your energy costs throughout the year, it will improve your home energy rating (BER), letting you relax in the knowledge that you are reducing your carbon footprint for the environment.’
Having SilvaGlaze incorporated in any approved window system can give you an A-rated window which makes it a premium energy saving window. This product is available in both double glazed and triple glazed options and coupled with the use of low-Iron extra clear glass, silver based low emissivity coating, warm edge technology and an argon gas filled cavity, you can achieve U-Values as low as 0.6 W/Km2.
You can upgrade your existing timber, aluminium or uPVC windows by changing your glass to Silvaglaze. This is an ideal solution where your existing frames are of a high standard but had been glazed with the less efficient glass of the day, this allows you to achieve improvements to your windows at a minimal cost.